We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to help manage the accounts for 3 companies in both the UK and US all under the Listen Up umbrella. You will be based in our offices within the vibrant heart of Camden, a few minutes’ walk from excellent transport links with the added delights of the world famous market.
Established in 2009 Listen Up offer a tailored range of bespoke radio, club, streaming, online and print promotion campaigns globally through our LA and London offices. In 2014 after recognising a gap in the market we moved our services state side and opened an additional arm of the business in LA. Specialising in electronic music and events, we place our clients directly in the spotlight with the experience and knowhow to oversee thoughtful, effective and engaging campaigns. With a client roster boasting the likes of Deadmau5, Marshmello, Jamie Jones, Tiesto, Snakehips, Wiley, Listen Up are now recognised as one of the market leaders in the world of music promotion services. We have grown massively over the last 10 years with offices in both the UK and US, and 3 companies working under our Listen Up umbrella.
This is a challenging but rewarding role as each company works as a separate limited company with their own clients and set of books.
We are looking for a candidate ideally AAT qualified (or working toward) with at least 2 years’ experience within a similar role and working knowledge of Sage 50 software or similar accounting package. In addition to billing clients and other key data entry, you will also work closely with the company Accountant to prepare the accounts for month end.
Skills you will bring
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated and strong interpersonal skills across all levels.
- Active and outgoing contributor.
- AAT qualified (or working toward).
Key focus area of this role
- Assisting with the accounts of three separate companies in the UK and US. Each with their own ledgers and clients.
- Ensure all finance workbooks, ledgers and journals are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure timely and accurate creation and distribution of sales invoices according to billing schedules (GBP and USD).
- Process and code transactions onto Sage 50.
- Manage and reconcile all petty cash transactions.
- Manage and reconcile all per diem requests (multi-currency).
- Compile supplier payment run.
- Deal with supplier and client queries.
- Process employee expenses.
- Manage payment analysis of all business credit cards.
- Answer all email queries from clients and suppliers.
- Sort incoming and outgoing daily post and answer any queries.
- Ad hoc duties including supporting the Bookkeeper / Financial Controller.
If you like the idea of working with us, please send through your CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements and experience detailed in the attached job description and person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications but thank you for your interest in working with us.