Junior Press Manager, LA
We are currently recruiting for a passionate and driven Junior Press Manager to join our established Press Team in Los Angeles.
Title: Junior Press Manager (US)
PTO: 15 days plus public holidays
Hours: 9.00am - 5.00pm (Monday - Friday)
Location: Currently remote working with regular team meets in Downtown or WeHo
Start date: Immediate start date
Established in 2009 Listen Up offer a tailored range of bespoke radio, club, streaming, online and print promotion campaigns globally through our LA and London offices. In 2014 after recognizing a gap in the market we moved our services state side and opened an additional arm of the business in LA. Working across a wide range of genres including electronic, hip hop, r&b, pop and alternative, we place our clients directly in the spotlight with the experience and knowhow to oversee thoughtful, effective and engaging press campaigns. With a client roster boasting the likes of Burna Boy, Doja Cat, Black Coffee, Gallant, MK and more, Listen Up are now recognized as one of the market leaders in the world of music promotion services. We have grown massively over the last 10 years with offices in both the UK and US, and 3 companies working under our Listen Up umbrella.
We are currently recruiting for an entry level Junior Press Manager position. Due to the pandemic we are working from home, but have regular team catch ups in various parts of LA (mainly Downtown or WeHo) and will eventually be based back in an office. You must have 1 year experience working within a similar environment with a keen interest in music, media and changing trends. If you are looking for a hands on role that gives you the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of music PR, we could be what you are looking for.
Skills you will bring
• 1 year experience within a similar environment
• A proven track record of working within a similar industry
• Up to date knowledge of music and trends
• Existing relationships with music journalists and contacts
• Can hit the ground running with press campaigns with minimal guidance
• A well-organized individual with the ability to prioritize workload and juggle a variety of different tasks
• Keen interest in rising through the ranks within the company
• Proven well written press releases
• Must be able to work well under pressure within a fast paced environment, dealing with Directors & colleagues both in the US and UK
• Adaptable to different methods of working
Key focus area of this role
• Develop campaign strategies for client releases with help from senior staff
• Develop strong relationships with print and online journalists
• Deliver successful press campaigns for client releases
• Build relationships with clients
• Attend both new and existing client meets with senior member of staff
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US:
We have an open and honest culture within our business, value and listen to our staff whilst maintaining a fun working environment, encourage new ideas and offer career progression. Our staff events are legendary and you will be joining our well established team where you will be given genuine care and support from your colleagues and Directors.
Benefits - we offer 15 days PTO and healthcare contribution after 90 days continuous service.
*Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to re-spond to all applications but thank you for your interest in working with us, please keep an eye out on our website for any future opportunities.
*Listen Up is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
*We will process your data in accordance to relevant Data Protection Laws.
If you are interested in working with us, please apply by emailing a cover letter outlining how you reach our essential requirements along with a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org