Press Manager LA
We are looking for an experienced Press Manager to join our amazing team in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
Hours: 9.00am - 5.00pm (Monday - Friday)
PTO: 15 days plus public holidays
Start date: Immediate start date
A BIT ABOUT US:
Established in 2009 Listen Up offer a tailored range of bespoke radio, club, streaming, online and print promotion campaigns globally through our LA and London offices. In 2014 after recognizing a gap in the market we moved our services state side and opened an additional arm of the business in LA. With a varied roster of clients including events and artists spanning through electronic, hip hop, afrobeat, pop, alternative and more, we place our clients directly in the spotlight with the experience and knowhow to oversee thoughtful, effective and engaging campaigns. Recent campaigns include the likes of Doja Cat, Theophilus London, Mr Eazi, Fat Nick, Black Coffee, Jamie Jones, Maya Jane Coles, The Martinez Brothers, Jauz, FISHER, Awful Records to name a few. Listen Up are now recognized as one of the market leaders in the world of music promotion services. We have grown massively over the last 10 years with offices in both the UK and US, and 3 companies working under our Listen Up umbrella.
WHERE YOU STEP IN:
We are currently recruiting for an experienced, well organized individual to join the Press team. While the safer at home order is in place, you’ll be working from home, and once lifted you’ll be located in our Hollywood office with the added bonus of free parking! You must have 1-2 years’ experience working within a similar environment with a keen interest in music, preferably urban and or electronic. If you are looking for a hands on role that gives you the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of music PR, we could be what you are looking for.
Skills you will bring
• 1-2 years’ experience within a similar environment
• A proven track record of working within a similar industry
• Up to date knowledge of Electronic music and trends
• Strong existing relationships with music journalists and contacts
• Can hit the ground running with the roster given
• A well-organized individual with the ability to prioritize workload and juggle a variety of different tasks
• Keen interest in rising through the ranks within the company
• Proven well written press releases
• Confidence in pitching for new business
• Exceptional Management skills
• Positive attitude and brings solutions to problems
• Must be able to work well under pressure within a fast paced environment, dealing with Directors & colleagues both in the US and UK
• Adaptable to different methods of working
• A real team player - lending a hand to ensure deadlines are met
Key focus area of this role
KEY FOCUS AREAS OF THE ROLE:
• Develop campaign strategies for client releases
• Develop strong media relationships with journalists in the industry
• Effectively manage relationships with key print and online journalists
• Build relationships with clients
• Attend regular planning meets with record labels
• Attend regular both new and existing client meets
• Complete post campaign analysis and results review including key findings and recommendations for future change
• Develop strong relationships and rapport with artists and management teams
What to expect from us
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US:
We have an open and honest culture within our business, value and listen to our staff whilst maintaining a fun working environment, encourage new ideas and offer career progression. Our staff events are legendary and you will be joining our well established team where you will be given genuine care and support from your colleagues and Directors. Benefits - we offer 15 days PTO and health contribution after 90 days’ continuous service.
Please email a copy of you resume and cover letter to charlotte@listen-up biz.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to everyone but thank you for your interest in working with us, please keep an eye out on our website for any future opportunities.
Listen Up is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.