Los Angeles, North America
We are currently recruiting for an experienced, well organized individual to join the Press team. You will be based in our fantastic Sunset Blvd offices with the added bonus of free parking! You must have 1-2 years’ experience working within a similar environment with a keen interest in electronic music. If you are looking for a hands on role that gives you the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of music PR, we could be what you are looking for.
Title — Press Manager
Salary — Based on experience
Hours — 9.00am – 5.00pm (Monday – Friday)
Location — Sunset Blvd, Hollywood
The Press Manager is responsible for raising the awareness, profile and sales for clients and/or campaigns via a broad range of print and online media press coverage.
Skills you will bring
- 1-2 years’ experience within a similar environment
- A proven track record of working within a similar industry
- Up to date knowledge of Electronic music and trends
- Strong existing relationships with music journalists and contacts
- Can hit the ground running with the roster give
- A well-organized individual with the ability to prioritize workload and juggle a variety of different tasks
- Keen interest in rising through the ranks within the company
- Proven well written press releases
- Confidence in pitching for new business
- Exceptional Management skills
- Positive attitude and brings solutions to problems
- Must be able to work well under pressure within a fast paced environment, dealing with Directors & colleagues both in the US and UK
- Adaptable to different methods of working
- A real team player - lending a hand to ensure deadlines are met
- Effectively communicates throughout the business
- Assist with the initial vetting of new business requests
- Oversees, checks and edits artist press releases and ensures timely delivery to clients
- Develops strong relationships with clients and journalists
- Ensures all reports, data and written work are correct in detail and without error
- Actively participates in continual professional development
- Makes good decisions in a timely manner that reflect a full understanding of risks, costs and benefits to the business
- Is consistently positive even under pressure
- Fully proficient level of competency of all mainstream software packages that are relevant to role
What to expect from us
We value and listen to our staff whilst maintaining a fun collabrative environment, encourage new ideas and offer career progression. Our staff events are legendary and you will be joining our well established team where you will be given genuine care and support from your colleagues and Directors. Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications but thank you for your interest in working with us, please keep an eye out on our website for any future opportunities.
Listen Up is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your email and covering letter outlining why you’re suitable for the role to email@example.com. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.